The FitBit online nutrition tracking system allows for the creation of meals or recipes. This is very helpful to save time when entering commonly eaten foods.
In the mobile app, these meals are at the very bottom of the custom foods list which requires scrolling down.
For those who are continually tweaking recipes and creating new versions of nutrition shakes, you’ll want to have ‘base meals’ that you can build on like a template. For example, perhaps you always include milk, protein, and wheat germ in your nutrition shake. You could bundle these items.
Creating meals is fairly easy when you’re logged into the online version of the FitBit nutrition tracking system.
Duplicating a Meal
Here’s how it works.
- In the Favorites area, click the Meals tab.
- Click the Create a meal link.
- Give it a name.
- Add foods or ingredients to the meal. These will be your base ingredients.
- Save the meal.
- Create a new meal using the steps above, but this time, when you’re creating the meal, look in the Favorites box in step #4 above and under the Meals tab you’ll see you can now add an entire meal to the new meal you’re creating.
- To duplicate a meal, just add it to the new one you’re creating, and then customize from there.