This juice recipe works best with a blender-type juicer like the Magic Bullet NutriBullet or the Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender for about $100 to $150. Read below for more details about different kinds of juicers.
These ingredients will result in an orange colored drink.
- 1 large banana (break into quarters)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 sweet yellow pepper (cut into several thin slices, remove seeds)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- Linwood ground flax, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds & goji berries
- 1 cup whole organic milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
Adding sweet cherries will turn the drink slightly pinkish red.
- 7 sweet cherries (remove pits)
Anyone shopping for juicers knows that there is conflicting advice about which category of juicer to get. We recommend purchasing two juicers: (1) a slow speed masticating juicer such as the Omega Nutrition Center for about $280, and (2) a single serving blender/juicer like the Magic Bullet NutriBullet or the Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender for about $100 to $150.
Each juicer system has benefits and drawbacks:
Masticating juicers have the following features and benefits:
- Work well at producing juice with very little pulp.
- Are best at extracting the nutrients from fruits and vegetables while separating out the fiber material.
- They require more fruits and vegetables to produce a glass of juice.
- These are known as cold pressed juicers.
- Many use an auger method to press food through a metal filter.
- Because of this, mushy foods like ripe banana or soft apples keep moving back into the auger entry.
Blender juicers have the following features and benefits:
- Create a pulpy drink by using a high speed blending process.
- Require fewer fruits and veggies per serving.
- The resulting drinks have helpful fiber, but aren’t as nutrient dense as the juice produced by masticating juicers.
- The are typically faster at producing a serving of juice than a masticating juicer.
- They are a little easier to clean up.
- They work well with soft ripe foods.
- They work well with ice, frozen wheat grass, frozen bananas, and other foods.