On 10 April 2013, I started my third 120-Day challenge. Taking what I’d learned from successes and failures over the first two 120-day challenges, I began revising my approach. I won’t bore you with what failed. What seems to be working now is the following:
- Going for brisk walks in the evenings (about 30 minutes).
- Increasing my morning workout from about 20 minutes up to 30 minutes.
- Reducing bread intake.
- Avoiding chips and sweets.
- Increasing water intake.
- Going to bed early.
- Taking multi-vitamins.
- Staying away from coffee since it may disrupt sleep and/or cause arthritis-like symptoms for some people.
- Drinking the iced green tea latte from Starbucks with extra Matcha powder. The milk may offer some additional calcium absorption which is known to help with weight loss.
So, that’s my current formula for weight loss. It’s fairly simple and has nothing extreme.