(Source: Dr. Jason Bradley of the Washington Street Wellness Center)
Simple Steps To Start TODAY To Fix Your Thyroid And Metabolism
I encourage you to take the following steps to rebalance your thyroid:
1. Make a thorough inventory of any of the symptoms that I mentioned in many previous posts to see if you might suffer from hypothyroidism.
2. Get the right thyroid tests including TSH, free T3, free T4, TPO, and anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.
3. Check for celiac disease with a celiac panel.
4. Consider heavy metal toxicity.
5. Check your vitamin D level.
Once you have confirmed that a sluggish thyroid is contributing to your symptoms, the good news is that there are many, many, many things you can do to help correct thyroid problems.
The following is a simple seven-step plan to address hypothyroidism that virtualy anyone can begin to implement today:
1. Treat the Underlying Causes — Identify and treat the underlying causes of hypothyroidism, like food allergies, gluten, heavy metals, nutritional deficiencies, and stress. THESE TESTS ARE AVAILABLE AT 319-466-0026 or email email@example.com;
2. Optimize Your Nutrition — Support your thyroid with optimal nutrition, including foods that contain iodine, zinc, omega-3 fats, selenium, and more;
3. Minimize Stress — Eliminate adrenal exhaustion and minimize stress by engaging in a comprehensive stress management program;
4. Exercise — Engage in thyroid stimulating exercise, which boosts thyroid function;
5. Supplement — Use supplements to help enhance thyroid function, including all the nutrients needed for proper thyroid metabolism and function;
6.Heat Therapy — Use saunas and heat to eliminate stored toxins, which interfere with thyroid function;
7. Thyroid Hormones — Use thyroid hormone replacement therapy to help support your thyroid gland when determined necessary.
If you’d like more information, please join us WEDNESDAY EVENING at 7 PM at Washington Street Wellness Center, 113 Wright Street, Iowa City for a short lecture on thyroid health.
And, as always, Be Well!